We pride ourselves on doing our best and greatly value the contributions of each employee. We want employees who live the same philosophy and are willing to prove it in their careers.
Please click HERE for our listing on Indeed.
If you have questions, email humanresources [@] atsclock.com
American Time Firmware Engineer (Level 1)
Job Title: Firmware Engineer
Reports To: Engineering Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for software design, testing, and engineering coordination tasks, and assists other engineers and designers in the field of clocks and wired and wireless clock systems. Designs, modifies, develops, writes, and implements software programming applications. Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems. Tests, analyzes and certifies software, including embedded firmware. Takes responsibility for completion and follow-through of project activities and deliverables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Firmware Engineer Duties:
- Design and implement embedded firmware primarily written in C# for various embedded processor platforms and applications
- Design and implement PC software and web browser applications primarily written in Java, C#, Visual Studio, and .NET.
- Create solid maintainable code with excellent readability and documentation
- Analyze specifications and develop software algorithms to meet these specifications based on analysis of the system design and specifications (requires a thorough understanding of the application and implementation)
- Evaluate and select software tools to use for a specific project or task
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Maintain software open issues and task lists
- Definition and refinement of project requirements including specification generation
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedure, programming, and documentation
- Analyze software code, project and system requirements
- Front end graphical user interface design
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine the feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met
- Prototype testing – design verification using system hardware and other devices or tools to confirm proper operation of software code
- Maintain software open issues list and task lists, develop project timelines including vendor partner timing
- Coordinate and oversee the activities of software engineers at vendor partners, act as the liaison between these engineers, and determine software priorities
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Minimum Qualifications include the following:
At least a Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of UL and FCC requirements.
- Knowledge of computer architecture and embedded design
- Knowledge and familiarity of Ethernet and computer networking (wired and wireless)
- Knowledge and familiarity of software development tools
- Basic knowledge of radio frequency systems
- Ability to create computer programs for various purposes
- Knowledge of software design techniques, tools, models, and principle involved in production of technical plans
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Design and Analysis (OOD and OOA)
- Ability to perform testing and report results using various software packages
- Ability to work around a moderate noise level with some drilling and metal punching noise.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY: American Time is a global distributor and engineered solution provider focused on synchronized time and display/notification systems to the education, healthcare, and manufacturing industries. Founded in 1980 and headquartered in Dassel, MN, we offer a superb opportunity for professional growth, along with a competitive base salary, incentive plan, healthcare benefits, and 401k.
Submit resume to Human Resources, American Time at email@example.com or fax 320-275-1213.
American Time is an EOE/AA, Military Friendly Employer