Effective Date: April 7, 2023
*American Time Mobile/Desktop Application
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information when you voluntarily fill out a form on our website or create a user profile:
Account or Profile Data: When you register an account with us, we may collect your name and contact details, such as your email address, phone number, username, and login credentials. During your interaction with our Products, we may further collect your nickname, profile picture, country code, language preference or time zone information into your account.
Feedback: When using feedback and suggestion features in our Products, we will collect your email address, mobile phone number and your feedback content to address your problems and solve device failures on a timely basis.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
- Device Information: When you interact with our Product, we automatically collect device information, such as the MAC address of your devices, IP address, wireless connection information, operating system type and version, application version number, push notification identifier, log files and mobile network information.
- Usage Data: During your interaction with our Sites and Services, we automatically collect usage data relating to visits, clicks, downloads, messages sent/received and other usage of our Sites and Services.
- Log Information: When you use our app, the system and exception log may be uploaded.
- Location Information: We may collect information about your real-time precise or non-precise geo-location when you use our specific Products or Services, such as robot cleaner and weather service.
4. SMART DEVICES RELATED INFORMATION
- Basic Information of Smart Devices: When you connect your Smart Devices with our Products or Services, we may collect basic information about your Smart Devices such as device name, device ID, online status, activation time, firmware version, and upgrade information.
5. PURPOSES AND LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING DATA
The purposes for which we may process information about you are as follows:
- Marketing Communication: We may process your Personal Data to provide marketing and promotional materials to you on our Products and Services. If we do so, each communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to opt-out of receiving future communications of that nature. The legal basis for this processing is your consent.
- Personalization: We may process your account and profile data, usage data and device information to personalize product design and to provide you with services tailored for you, such as recommending and displaying information and advertisements regarding products suited to you and to invite you to participate in surveys relating to your use of our Products. The legal basis for this processing is your consent.
- Legal Compliance: We may process your Personal Data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable laws and regulations; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations, business and systems; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of other users, including you; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
6. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION (EEA INDIVIDUALS ONLY)
Effective May 25, 2018: If you are from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for processing your Personal Information described above will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect Personal Information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the Personal Information to perform a contract with you or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
If we collect and use your Personal Information for our legitimate interests, our interest will typically be to operate our mobile and desktop applications and communicate with you as necessary to provide our products and services to you and for our legitimate business interest.
Individuals who are residents of the EEA can object to processing of their Personal Information, ask to restrict processing of their Personal Information or request portability of their Personal Information. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to American Time, P.O. Box 707, Dassel, MN 55325-0707 USA.
7. SHARING INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We will never sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes. However, we do contract with third party companies to perform services on our behalf such as website analytics, order management or payment processing. These third parties are prohibited by us from using or disclosing your information for any purpose other than providing services to us, except to the extent required by law.
In the event that American Time is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy, we reserve the right to assign Personal Information to third parties in connection with the event.
We may use your email to send product updates, news or promotions that we believe would be of interest to you. You may choose not to receive future emails from us by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or by sending an email to email@example.com with “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the subject line. You will need to specify the email address you wish to opt-out. We may still send emails in response to “Contact Us” or other forms you fill out on our website where you are directly requesting a response from us.
We use commercially reasonable physical, administrative and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your Personal Data. American Time provides various security strategies to effectively ensure data security of user and device. As for device and computer access, American Time proprietary algorithms are employed to ensure data isolation, access authentication and applying for authorization. As for data communication, communication using security algorithms and transmission encryption protocols and commercial level information encryption transmission based on dynamic keys are supported. As for data processing, strict data filtering and validation and complete data audit are applied. As for data storage, all confidential information of users will be safely encrypted for storage. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), immediately notify us of the problem by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. DATA RETENTION
11. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
American Time, P.O. Box 707, Dassel, MN 55325-0707 USA